Monday, October 3, 2011

Pasta Maniac

I try to cook my own dinner as much as I can. And my biggest enemy is the pasta. I can never resist the temptation of this carbohydrate. So, I try to make the pasta dish as healthy as it can get. I came across this dish via a friend's blog. It is simple enough and I decided to try it. I have been making this dish several times as it is idiot proof and it's a dish that can be whipped up within 10 minutes. The main ingredients for this pasta recipe are: tomatoes (I prefer the cherry tomatoes), basil leaves, olive oil and the optional ingredient I have used here are the prawns. Sometimes, I add ham or just have it plain with the tomatoes. It's really up to your own preference and this is what I like about this dish! It's so versatile!

Now, here are the steps: heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, pour in the tomatoes, then the prawns and stir fry till the tomatoes wrinkle. I prefer to cook my tomatoes as the fruit then becomes more nutritious with an increased amount of lycopene released when the fruit comes into contact with heat. When the prawns are thoroughly cooked, add in the shredded basil leaves for aroma and taste. You can now pour the entire stir fry onto the cooked spaghetti and scatter some parmesan cheese on it for added flavour and oomph. And voila! Dinner's ready!!


No comments:

Post a Comment