Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cinque Terre


Another tick off my bucket list. I have waited for such a long time to visit this Unesco Site of five fishing villages. It is possible to explore Cinque Terre on your own but because it takes too much effort and I hadn't had the luxury of time to do proper research, I took the easy way out and signed us up on a day trip from Florence. Boy, that was one of the best decisions I made.


Being the beach bum I am, I would have love to laze under one of these big umbrellas and swim in the cool waters without watching the time. Perhaps return when I retire?



I was so amused by this sight as our ferry nears the dock. This man was oblivious to the many pairs of eyes watching him from the dock and the ferry. Such is life!


The sea gull looks so serene and calm here... the rest of the trip weren't gonna be so simple. After lunch, we actually took a 1.5 hour or 4km hike from one village to the next which left the hub nearly died. Haha. 


But what rewarded us after the hike was a refreshing gelato, a nice swim and one of the best calamari and beer. What more can one ask for in a day?

I must admit Cinque Terre today is extremely touristy but I'm still glad we made the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment