Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Out of the box

I came across these 'advertisements' while exploring the stretch of quirky shops @ Tiong Bahru. At first, I thought they were for real, but upon closer inspection, I started questioning myself. I was actually quite impressed with the wit of the creators.

Today, I attended a think tank meeting and we emphasized the importance of challenging assumptions, thinking out of the box and challenging each other to come up with wild ideas to allow our creative juices to flow. As I sat in the meeting, I thought of the above photo. I wonder how many walked past these posters without giving them a 2nd look, thinking they are just another advertisement. And how many would stop and look and ask themselves, 'Really?' and come to the realisation that they are all not real. And how many would actually believe every single word written on the posters. It would be an interesting social experiment to do. I may be wrong, but my gut feel tells me that most would just take these posters for granted, thinks they are for real and not give two hoots about it. Like what my VP says, truth be told, having the ability to think is rather rare these days. I hope you are one of those rare ones. Let's all put on our thinking cap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment