Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Bookworm

"What makes us normal, is knowing that we're not normal"

I spent much of my december holidays voraciously devouring book after book and I must say this is the best read of the month. It is definitely emotionally engaging. Even if you do not agree with the lifestyle of the protagonists, I am sure all of us recognizes and is able to relate to the sense of loss and bewilderment, curiosity we feel about the things and people around us and even the loneliness we feel every now and then in some point of our lives. It may seem like a very dark and pessimistic book at first glance, with lots of mental illnesses and suicides, but if we were to examine the content and think through the subject clearly, we can surely see bits and pieces of the story and experiences of the protagonists in all of us. It is an emotionally draining book for me to read but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Reminds me the importance of staying happy and the importance of 'changing the story' for the unhappy stuff that happens in our lives. It's my first Murakami book and I'm sure it's not gonna be the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment