Saturday, April 9, 2011

Alaturka


This evening, we braved the heavy downpour and headed to the Sultan Mosque area for a rather authentic Turkish dinner. It reminded me of the time we were in Turkey where we enjoyed every meal. I had the chicken and mushroom stew with rice and deardear had the lamb shank with pilaf. I didn't choose the usual donar kebabs as I thought it was too common. Even pasar malam sells kebabs these days. The main course is pretty filling and we had no space for dessert, especially extremely sweet turkish delights. Prices are average restaurant prices and unlike the neighbouring restaurants, this doesn't have people smoking shishas. So it's perfect for us since we don't really fancy the smoke. We have explored the area quite a few times, but never got round to trying any of the middle eastern eateries. Today is a first and it wouldn't be the last. I have already set my sight at a nearby Lebanese restaurant across the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment