Monday, January 31, 2011

Reunion Dinner

Even after a whole week of sore throat, bodyache and loss of voice, I managed to prepare the reunion dinner. This also marks the first time I host the reunion dinner at my place. Preparation started about 2 weeks ago but because extremely fresh food is needed for the steamboat, I was still doing my marketing at the wet market on a wet Sunday morning. It was fun buying the ingredients and stuff, but it was also rather tiring preparing the chicken stock, cleaning the prawns and squids, cutting the vegetables and getting the table ready. In the end, there was too much food. Luckily, I managed to distribute the leftovers else it would be a total waste of money.

Reunion dinner is a much-loved and meaningful occasion to me, especially when families or even spouses are too busy to even sit down and have a proper meal with one another (without the distractions of phone calls and television) in today's uber busy and hectic society. Afterall, the family that eats together stays together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment