Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Those who can, teach

I have never been a big fan of any Teacher's Day celebrations of any kind. Simply because I find the whole event rather contrived. Even as a student, I am not one of those who will go all out to buy my teachers a gift because I think the greatest gift a student can give a teacher is to do well in his/her studies and make good of themselves in life. Nothing can make a teacher prouder or happier to know that he/she has contributed in helping the child succeed in life. You do not only show your appreciation on 01 September every year and misbehave and fail for the rest of the year. Nevertheless, I am obligated to attend the celebrations and I just have to make the most out of it.

This year's Teacher's Day dinner was held at Conrad Centennial and the theme for the night is to "Dress Your Decade", i.e., retro. The food was mediocre but the ambience and company was simply great. We laughed non-stop throughout the dinner and had lots of fun. Below are some of the food we ate.
While eating, we were entertained by some of our very sporting colleagues who agreed to a limbo rock contest. Got to applaud them for their courage and effort in making our night a really memorable one.

Teacher's Day is not just a time for students to show their appreciation to their teachers; it is also a time for teachers to show their encouragement and gratitude to their colleagues. So, I went to Taka in search for some nice gifts. Instead of buying chocolates which will be eaten and forgotten quite as quickly, I chanced upon some very nice magnetic bookmarks. Accompanied with a nice note and cute stickers, I think they make quite a sweet gift that will last. The last time I did such things was I think in JC, when I made my classmates a wand out of pencil and a card.


HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment