Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stop, Walk and Enjoy!

Today is the eve of National Day and I initially planned on meeting Mr President at the Istana. However, as we were exiting from the highway, I saw that the queue to the Istana was so insanely long that I immediately changed my plans. Instead, I decided on going to the Botanical Gardens. It has been quite a while since I last went to the Gardens and I must say that that are so many changes. The weather was hot and it would definitely be a lot better if we have the temperate climates of Europe. Nevertheless, it was a great oppotunity for me to try out my Leica and be familiar with the functions of my new camera. And below are some close up shots I took along the way. I am extremely satisfied with the resolution and sharpness of the shots.

The Gardens is as beautiful as always and it was packed with tourists. I don't remember seeing many Singaporeans around. Many would be like my husband, complaining that it is way too hot to walk in this weather and waiting to hide in some air-conditioned place. Walking in a park is something I have always missed of Europe. In fast paced Singapore, besides the weather factor, we always have so many things waiting for us to do that many would consider it frivolous just doing nothing but walk around and look at flowers under the excruciating heat. To me, it's always feels so relaxed and calming to the mind to just do nothing and it is important to do nothing at times. We even chanced upon this mini waterfall just before we were about to end our visit. We didn't manage to visit the Orchid Garden though because it is charging $5 per person for entrance and we thought it was ridiculous.


I consider today a rather lucky day. I have always wanted to have tea at the TWG @ Ion but it was always packed. Today, I managed to get a seat without having to wait at all. We weren't hungry so all we ordered was tea and 2 matcha financiers that come with to-die-for tea jelly. I had the famed 1837 TWG white tea and it was so fragrant and light to the taste bud. The music was enjoyable and relaxing and it has a classy atmosphere that is not too imposing. If only there are more of such afternoons. It's a luxury that I can only afford once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment