Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

I skipped my painting class last Sunday to view 'paintings' of a different kind. We visited the Alive! Gallery at Downtown East. This unique, one of a kind exhibition was imported from Korea. It seeks to educate the masses on decoding the artwork, exposing all the little 'secrets' behind the art. This would be fun and educational if you have completely no clue about art or if you haven't been to the major museums in the world to view all these works.

For me, the exhibition can get a little too cheesy at times, especially at the part where Mona Lisa asked if I have a question for her in complete Singlish accent. Plus the fact that I have seen almost all the works selected for this exhibition, first hand. However, I did learn some new things from the exhibition, namely the various techniques used by the artists. Nevertheless, to charge $17 per person for entrance fee, I also thought that the resolution of the screens could have been better. After all, this exhibition is from Korea - the land of Samsung and LG plasma screens. If you are planning to visit the exhibition, I would say, think twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment