Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hatch Day

It seems like yesterday when I celebrated my 21st birthday and here we are the last weekend celebrating my 28th birthday! It has been an exciting long weekend filled with endless birthday lunches and dinners. On Friday night, I met up with the girls and had a Thai dinner at Tawandang @ Dempsey. This restaurant is special because it has a microbrewery built within the restaurant. The food was great especially the glass noodles and prawn cakes and the prices were pretty reasonable too. As usual after our dinner, we adjourned for drinks at the Wine Co. We went home pretty early that day, given we always lingered around till way past midnight.





The next morning, met my mum for dim sum brunch at Paramount Hotel. I have long wanted to try the dim sum here, given the good reviews of the restaurant. The decor of the place is very old-world, resembles a scene from Shanghai-tang. Food is not bad either. Lots of interesting variety, not the usual dim sum dishes we order, such as crispy durian rolls, roasted duck dumplings and etc.



For dinner, dear dear made a reservation at The White Rabbit. This place was converted from a chapel. The interior has got quite a bit of stain glass decor with mosiac flooring. Very romantic in the night and the foie gras there is to die for; one of the best I have tried so far. The mojito was good too. For dessert, we ordered Black Forest cake. The cake does not resemble a cake at all. What's special is that they have got my name written on the cake and 2 waiters came to our table and sang me a birthday song. The people sitting around us even clapped after they have finished with the singing. How embarassing! Would love to go there for brunch one of these days.

On Sunday, the entire family went for a simple tze char dinner @ Sembawang. The waitress got my order wrong. I wanted to order fish head. Instead, they gave us an entire fish that cost a whopping $48. At home, the 3 July babies, myself, Jireh and Uncle Henry had a cake cut and a birthday song sang. This marks the finale of my almost endless birthday celebrations.

Overall, it has been a beautiful birthday. Thank you all - family, friends, colleagues and former students for all the lovely birthday wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment