Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Part I



We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday with a simple family gathering, complete with nonya kuihs, durain puffs from Goodwood and aimless conversations. We hadn't had such a Mother's Day celebration for ages, especially since my grandparents passed away. Personally, I think it is good to catch up with one another once in a while, and not just wait till the New Year to visit. In order for human relationships to thrive and blossom, you need constant communication and interaction, and this is the case, even for close kins and relatives. From young, my brother and I have always celebrated Mother's Day with my mum, in our own small ways. When we were really little, we would collaborate to make a card for her, when we were in our teens, we would buy her a cake and when we were even more grown up, we started buying her material gifts. No matter what we have for mum, she always look so happy to receive gifts from us. I guess it's not what we give; what she appreciates is the sincerity and the thought we have for her. Having said that, increasingly, I feel that we should not only make an effort to be nice and make an effort to catch up with her only on Mother's Day, but on usual days as well. But with our busy schedule, it's often easier said than done. Whatever it is, Happy Mother's Day to all....




No comments:

Post a Comment