Friday, May 21, 2010

Eunice's Hatch Day Celebration


Planned a little last minute surprise for my darling at the spur of the moment. Called Angus up in the afternoon to reserve a window seat for dinner and I just happened to ask if they have birthday cake and surprisingly, they told me that could provide me with a small birthday cake (enough for two people), whether or not we take the set meal. The cake comes complete with the candle and birthday music played in the background. So interesting to see Eunice's reaction when the cake was brought out to her because the diners at the next table were looking at us. The funniest thing was the little hiccup that occurred before that. We had already finished our main course and our birthday girl had to visit the ladies. The waitress did not check with me beforehand if we were ready for the 'dessert' and they brought the cake out and played the music. I had to tell them to bring the cake back in and to redo it when we are ready. It was quite fun and exciting. I had to stop myself from giving myself away. Anyway, hasn't been celebrating our birthdays with each other for a long time. Hope to see this as a regular event!

No comments:

Post a Comment