Tuesday, October 25, 2016

First Family Trip

Diapers. Checked. Stroller. Checked. Milk powder. Checked. Checked. Checked. Packing for a 3 month old was not mean feat. In fact, I was still running to NTUC to buy more ziploc bags one hour before the cab arrived to fetch us to the airport. Many say we are nuts to bring an infant on a long haul flight to London. Maybe we were. But hey, a little craziness every now and then makes the usually mundane life more fun and exciting, isn't it?


At the end of the day, I'm glad we made the trip with Shiloh all in tow. It was memorable to say the least. Here are some of the highlights from the trip:

Visit to the State Rooms, Buckingham Palace: While one can watch the changing of guards any other day, the State Rooms are only open for a few weeks each year. And since we were in town, this is a must-do. Photography is not allowed in the palace, so these photos of the palace shops and St James's Garden will make do for now.




Cruising down the Thames: Since we took my mum with me on this trip, we decided to do some touristy things such as visiting the Big Ben, and of course, cruising down the Thames. And of all days, we had to choose the coldest day to do this. Brrr..



Visiting Hamleys: We were so fortunate to bump into the Hamleys mascot the moment we hopped off the bus. I thought it was a daily occurence. Apparently, it's not. Haha.


Luckily Shiloh doesn't know how to play with toys yet, else we would burn a really big hole in our pockets.


Borough Market: This remains one of my favourite market since my student days. The housewife in my mum was particularly interested to explore this ang moh market. Here, we found some really big, cheap and delicious oysters for lunch. 





Lobsters, lobsters and lobsters: A visit to London is not complete without a visit to Burger and Lobster. I still very much prefer my Greenwood Fish Market lobsters though. But it was interesting trying the lobster dish at Thomas, the first Burberry restaurant in the world! (the last 2 photos)




Travelling with a young child is definitely challenging but also strangely satisfying. I am glad we took the plunge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment