Monday, January 23, 2012

A Bountiful Year

2012 is the year of the Water Dragon. The dragon is a mighty creature of myth and legend. A symbol of good fortune and a sign of intense power, the Oriental Dragon is regarded as a divine beast. In Eastern philosophy, the Dragon is believed to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority.
And indeed, this year has been quite a blessing to me till date. I decided not to buy any goodies for the season as we only have a 2 day break plus we would be out visiting most of the time. But to my surprise, I received a box of handmade cookies from my student on Friday (her dad made the cookies) and a fellow church member, knowing how much I like her pineapple tarts, gave me a box of it. In the end, I received so much more than I ever wanted. These people are truly blessings from God. I hope they will in turn be much blessed in the year ahead.

And another sweet colleague of mine handed out fortune cookies which I thought were quite cute and see what was the message I got: Be happy at work, be happy at home. I thought it was a message that really speaks of my heart's desire. I think it is important to be happy wherever you are, no matter what you are doing. This message is also my wish for everyone; to be happy the whole year round! So no matter where you are and no matter what you are busy with, I hereby wish everyone a Happy Dragon Year and may God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment