Sunday, December 11, 2011

Staycation

We just returned from a 3 day 2 night stay at Swisshotel, The Stamford for a staycation since we did not plan to go anywhere this holiday. We practically did nothing except to eat, swim, go to the spa, go to the gym and lazed in the room watching tv and time seemed to just zoomed past us. For a while, I even forgot I was in Singapore! That said, the room was just so-so (and we even upgraded for the 'harbour-view') and the service standards of the hotel was mediocre. It's more a business-class hotel and not for someone looking for luxurious stay with turn-down service and etc. Below is the view of sunset from our balcony at the 48th storey.

Another view of the cityscape from the balcony:

No holiday is complete without good food. After 5 years, we made a return visit to Flutes at the Fort; this time to try their brunch menu. I like the quiet and quaint environment of the restaurant and many years ago, we even thought and considered having our wedding celebration there. The restaurant is the black and white house perched on the hill.

The menu du jour:

This time round, we felt the food wasn't as good as expected. For appetiser, we had the fried foie gras with beetroot salad and goat cheese; for the main, we had sirlion steak. We asked for medium and it looked and tasted like well done instead. We have had better at Angus. And for dessert, I had the Belgian Waffle, which was too big and had too much butter and cream for me! I intend to try their dinner one of these days and I hope the quality of food would be better then.

Once in a while, it's ok to go for a staycation. But I don't really want to do this every holiday. Plus, a local vacation ain't that cheap either! That's all I have for this entry and ciao! I am off to enjoy the rest of my holiday with more food and more shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment