Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween

This is my first ever Halloween costume party. The event was held at Arena @ Clarke Quay. I didn't want any outrageous outfit, thus I decided on dressing up as a pirate. All I needed was a nice hat (anyway I am such a hat person) and an eye patch. Minimal effort needed! It was such fun to check out the different costumes at different party shops in Singapore (including a good range at Cold Storage, can you believe it??).

The whole place was decorated with skeletons, pumpkins, bougies and the like. ..

My favourite part of the decor has to be this. The organizers chose to cater Halloween themed cupcakes and sweets instead of the usual finger food for the night. I think it's a really great idea and in the end this food station became the perfect photo op spot for many.

A closer look at the treats:

I am actually not a cupcake person. I always find them too sweet. But I couldn't resist the temptation of an eyeball! Muahwhahaha! A first bite brings me surprises. The 'eyeball' was actually tau sar piah coated with icing and meringue, and the bottom layer is the usual sponge cake. Very innovative!

Many were very sporting and came in all sorts of costumes. There were girls who dressed up as sailor moon, witches, vampires and etc. We took the opportunity to make some new friends and took some photos with them.

And the finale was the crowning of the "most scary costume" and "most original costume". The finalists were seen on stage here for the audience voting session.

This will probably be my first and last Halloween costume party. I am getting too old for such things. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment