Saturday, March 5, 2011

This is Harmony

Was invited to an arts event @ National Geographic yesterday. The theme was Chaos.Peace.Love.This is Harmony. It was organised by a group of La Salle students where they showcase various artists and art forms, which included tattooing. In our local context, tattooing is often frowned upon and people spotted with tattoos are looked upon as unsavoury characters. The group aims to debunk this argument and seeks to convince people that tattoo can be and is indeed a viable art form. I must admit, by the time we left the exhibition, I was still not convinced though.... I have never been and never will be a fan of Miami Ink.

Nevertheless, we tried to immerse ourselves in the arty farty atmosphere by picking up some pastel colours and started doodling. I never knew my deardear is such an artist :)



No comments:

Post a Comment